Saturday 21 December 2013

Dancing




"I can't really explain it,
I haven't got the words
It's a feeling that you can't control
I suppose it's like forgetting, losing who you are
And at the same time something makes you whole
It's like that there's a music playing in your ear
And I'm listening, and I'm listening and then I disappear

And then I feel a change
Like a fire deep inside
Something bursting me wide open impossible to hide
And suddenly I'm flying, flying like a bird
Like electricity, electricity
Sparks inside of me
And I'm free I'm free"
Electricity, Billy Elliott The Musical

Billy Elliott described it absolutely perfect, the feeling that I get when I dance. I mean really dance. Loosing your body and soul into a piece of artwork performed to music. The emotions that connect, the complete feeling of euphoria that sweeps over you. The only thing that comes close to it, is the feeling I get when I'm acting on stage.
Doing theatre for a degree will always be one of the best decisions I have ever made, however I can't help but feel the need to go further in my dance. To train again, to choreograph, to feel the ache of muscles and know you've done a dance well. I cannot describe to you how much I miss it. Since starting dance from the age of 6, continuing dance and becoming an Olympic level 5 cheerleader, these past months are the longest I've gone without being in a competition or training, and the withdrawal systems have set in.
Its time to become the person I used to be. Due to a few personal issues in my life - my diet, flexibility and fitness have all become worse than they used to be, and its time to grab the bull by the horns and do something about it. It is the New Year after all.
So stay tuned for my personal journey in taking my dance further. I am also looking into starting my own contemporary society at my university, nothing is certain, lets just see how it goes. Fingers crossed.

I'm really looking forward to getting back to the old me <3

"Success is not the key to happiness, happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful."
"Go the extra mile, it is never crowded."  


No comments:

Post a Comment